Parents are reminded to obey all parking lot guidelines to ensure safety in the parking lot for all students. The front parking lot is for staff parking only. All parents and volunteers are to park on Tannin Drive. Never leave your car unattended at the curb, and no double parking please. Additionally, our back parking lot is also a staff only lot.
Parents driving students to and from school should adhere to the parking lot procedure for dropping off and picking up students. Parents/Guardians should park on Tannin and walk in to pick up their children. This parking lot is for staff only.
We understand that occasionally emergencies occur and parents are late to pick-up their child. To insure safe supervision of all students, children not picked up on time will wait in the office. The office needs to be notified when you will be late picking up your child.
Unattended vehicles parked in yellow zones will receive a parking citation. There is no parking allowed in the red zones at any time.
Parking Lot Etiquette
- Please drive slowly.
- Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers and staff members. Remember that you are not the only one in a hurry.
- Please do NOT get out of the car to assist or escort your child.
- Pull up close to the car in front of you.
- Please refrain from using cell phones or texting while driving.
- Busses have priority. Please be cognizant of their presence and try to make their entrance and exit as easy as possible.
Parking in the Parking Lot
- Chaparral's front and back parking lots are for staff only, please park on Tannin Drive.
- If you park in the red zone or in the handicapped parking and leave your vehicle, you are likely to be ticketed by the Poway Sherriff's Department.
Thanks for your cooperation! Remember -- Courtesy is Contagious!