About Us » FAQs


Frequently Asked Questions

Attendance Hotline: (858) 485-0042 x4202

What do I do if  need to get a message to my student?

It is requested that personal messages to students be limited to emergency situations only. Calling the classrooms with messages for students is disruptive to the class, and we do not have the necessary staffing to be able to personally deliver messages

How do I inform the school when my student is absent?

When your child is absent, please call the Office at (858) 485-0042 ext. 4202 with any questions or concerns. See Attendance

What if my student is tardy?

Students arriving late to school must come to the main office accompanied by a parent/guardian with a note stating the reason for their tardy. Parents may excuse up to three tardies for personal reasons per semester.
Please remember – Tardy students walking into class impacts the learning environment for everyone.  Please be on time.

What are OCIS Contracts?

Should there be a planned absence of five days or more please see or email Anika Fitzpatrick , [email protected] Office Assistant, (858) 485-0042 ext. 4201, in the front office, as soon as possible to set up a homework contract for the student [At least 5 days prior]. A contract should also be used for extended illnesses. A minimum of 3 days is required to set up an OCIS Contract.

How late can my student remain on campus after school?

It is important that students are picked up at 3:15 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and on Wednesday at 1:35 pm as there is no supervision after-school. When it is not possible for you to pick up your student before this time, please note that ESS (Extended School Services) is available for a charge, from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm.

What if my student has no lunch?

Please try to avoid sending your child to school without a lunch packed from home, or without lunch money in their account.

How do I find out how much money is left in my students lunch account?

The main office does not have access to the lunch accounts so you may call PUSD food services office at (858) 668-2570 to get this information. Also, you can set up an account with MySchoolBucks.

Where are the lost and found items kept on campus?

If your student has lost a sweatshirt/jacket or any other item, CHES lost and found is located in the lunch area. Please be sure to check periodically, as the lost and found items are donated periodically.

What if I want to talk to my student’s teacher?

The best way to contact your student’s teacher is through email. Please see the staff contact listing.

What if I want to request homework for my student?

If you would like homework for a student that missed school, please email your student’s teacher.  See Staff contact listing.