TB Clinic Information
Due to new regulations from both the state and county, PUSD nurses will no longer be providing TB clearance. If you are due for your screening (once every four years), we are hoping this advance notification will give you ample time over the summer to comply, before the start of the new school year.
The law requires that TB clearance be completed by a licensed health care provider. The provider will determine if risk factors exist and provide a TB test, if needed.
Here are a few nearby resources where you can obtain TB clearance. There may be a fee or co-pay involved at some locations:
- Your primary health care provider
- CVS Minute Clinic, 16773 Bernardo Center Dr., Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128 or,
- CVS Minute Clinic, 12358 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Walgreen Clinic, 13390 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Neighborhood Health Clinic, 460 N. Elm St., Escondido, CA 92025, 760-520-8100, Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 1:00-4:00, Wednesday: 2:30-4:00
- Public Health Center, 649 West Mission Ave, Suite 2, Escondido, CA 92025, 619-692-5565
Proof of TB clearance is mandated for volunteers working in public schools. Please submit written TB clearance signed by your health care provider to your school site.
Click link to learn more
This new procedure is based on an assessment of risk strategy. It is supported by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Thoracic Society (ATS), the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), the California Conference of Local Health Officers and the California Tuberculosis Controllers Association (CTCA).
AB 1667, in its entirety, can be found on the following website: